12th International Warsaw Invention Show “IWIS 2018” was held on October 15-17, 2018. The said event is organized on annual basis by the Association of Polish Inventors and Rationalizers in cooperation with the Polish Patent Office and Warsaw University of Technology.
This is the largest event in Poland that promotes inventiveness and innovations. Every year, scientists representing more than 25 countries, inter alia, Saudi Arabia, Croatia, Egypt, Iran, Canada, Malaysia, Korea, Turkey, Romania, Taiwan and Poland take part in the show. Inventors present innovations constituting reviews of technical achievements, some already in practical application, and some awaiting implementation. Every year, the show is accompanied by lectures and speeches on intellectual property protection as well as Global Chemical Competition.
The Institute for Ferrous Metallurgy along with Silesian University of Technology was awarded with bronze medal for the project entitled: “THE EVALUATION SYSTEM OF RESIDUAL LIFE OF MATERIALS FOR POWER UNITS WITH 50+ EFFICIENCY”.
- “Marka-Śląskie” for Łukasiewicz Research Network – Institute of Ferrous Metallurgy
- Award "Meritorious for the ENEA Group" for Dr Hab. Eng. Janusz Dobrzański
- 13th International Invention and Innovation Show INTARG® 2020 – Awards
- Diploma from the Minister of Development Funds and Regional Policy for the high level of technology readiness
- Professor Marian Schneider Award
- Award for the Łukasiewicz Research Network – Institute for Ferrous Metallurgy in the category: Laboratories Recognised by the Office of Technical Inspections
- Bronze medal at the International Warsaw Invention Show “IWIS 2018”
- ”Honorary Medal” of the Faculty of Metals Engineering and Industrial Computer Science for Mr. Roman Kuziak, Prof. Dr. Hab.
- Special award at an international exhibition in Bangkok
- Gold medal at the10th International Warsaw Invention Show for the project submitted by Czestochowa University of Technology and IMŻ
- Gold medal at the International Warsaw Invention Show IWIS 2016
- Special award at International Exhibition in Seoul
- Silver medal at International Inventions Exhibition in Seoul
- Diploma of the Ministry of Science and Higher Education
- Bronze Laurel in the field of innovation for IMŻ in the National Stanisław Staszic contest for the best innovative products
- Gold medal with mention for Instytut Metalurgii Żelaza at the International Warsaw Invention Show
- Diploma of merit and honorable medal of the Ministry of Economy
- Honorable Diploma for Instytut Metalurgii Żelaza for active support and promotion of International Armament Conferences
- Honorable mention for the best poster - IX Scientific Conference: Inżynieria Powierzchni (Surface Engineering) INPO 2014
- Diploma of the Minister of Science and Higher Education
- GOLDEN LAUREL for the Institute in 2nd edition of the national contest "LAUREL IN THE FIELD OF INNOVATION"
- Bronze medal during 63rd International Exhibition " Ideas - Inventions - New Products - iENA
- Gold medal at the 61 International Trade Fair for Technological Innovation "BRUSSELS INNOVA 2012"