As part of multi stage programme for development of the infrastructure for physical simulation of advanced technologies of metal alloys and metal products manufacturing, IMŻ carries out construction of the line for semi-industrial simulation of metal alloy and metal product manufacturing processes (LPS), which is composed of the modules for melting and casting (A), for hot rolling with thermo-mechanical treatment (B, C/D), for cold plastic working (E) and heat treatment (F). B Module, rendered operational in 2010, covers
one rolling unit composed of Two-high D 550/Four-high (D420/D130) reverse mill, roll face: 700 mm heating furnace, devices for controlled strand cooling, equipped with process parameters measurement and control system. B-module is used for semi-industrial simulation of advanced processes of controlled hot rolling and cooling of sheets or square bars. The following types of processes of hot rolling and cooling possible to be simulated:
- heavy plates rolling simulation,
- simulation of strip rolling (to a limited extent, by sheet rolling method),
- simulation of bars rolling (limited dimension range),
- simulation of controlled cooling during rolling and following rolling.
Type of charge material for rolling: ingots from vacuum induction furnace (module A1- LPS) of the weight 70-100 kg or sample material from semi products or finished products of maximum dimension 60 x 250 x 1000 mm or 160 x 160 x 1000 mm.
Type of material: all steel grades, non-ferrous metals, metal alloys.
Final dimensions of strip after rolling:
- plates: min. thickness. 6 mm, max width. 500 mm,
- sheets: min. thickness. 2 mm, max width. 250 mm,
- bars: square bars of dim. from 25 x 25 mm to 60 x 60 mm.