Every two months, the Institute organizes Open Scientific Seminars devoted to review of the research activity realized by the Institute and in cooperation with the Institute.
On monthly basis, Scientific seminars are held for Institute’s employees, during which results of statutory research works are presented.
Moreover, the Institute organizes or co-organizes conferences and scientific seminars, in that:
- annual Polish-Czech-Slovak international conference "Metallurgical Analytics Conference" organised since 1978
- biannual "Materialography" conference organised since 1997
- biannual School of X-ray Fluorescence Analysis, organised since 2004
- biannual Optical Emission Spectrometry School, organized since 2007
- scientific symposia organised in cooperation with manufacturers of research equipment